Processwork. August 2014. California
Each of us thinks we are cracked in some way. But that is because we identify only with our normal identity. If you can’t change something, discover what it’s for. A. Mindell
And for people that are interested in psychology, I’d like to share my understanding of what I worked on these years from a PW perspective:
- My Secondary Process was to be big and heavy. I also had an edge being small and light. Working on this polarity in various channels, I became more fluid with these tendencies. That helped me to follow my dreams in a more effortless, more natural way.
- I worked on sexism and lookism and became much friendlier with the World. Instead of being victimized by social attitudes, I now feel myself being a part of the world community. I share my visions with it; I engage social dialogues through social networks, TV programs and films.
- I also worked on food addictive tendencies, by finding different ways to have a tasty, spicy filled life.
- I worked on my dependency to men and sex by self-managing and supporting myself in having a more juicy life with clearer directions.
- I worked on my inner critics by teaching myself to reformulate their messages in a more supportive, positive manner. Over time it grew into an Inner-Teacher, Inner-Doctor and Trainer.
And at the end, I want to offer 2 small exercises to the reader, so you can try it yourself. I’d like to invite you to participate in this fun PW self-discovery as well. You will need about 20 minutes to complete each. Find a place where you can be alone. This can be a room in a house or a place in nature, a place where you feel safe and large enough for free movements. Take a few sheets of paper with you, a pen or colored crayons. Enjoy!
- Think of an issue in your life that you haven’t been able to solve for a long time. Then put it aside.
- Remember what was the most annoying for you in this above diary? It can be a person or a state of being or an approach to life or anything else. Try to feel the very essence of the quality that you are annoyed by. Take a sheet of paper and draw this quality……. Then express it in motion or dance…… Forget about the content of this quality, simply express the energy in motion. Maybe a song or a melody will come with it…… Take your time, just moving and singing until you start enjoying this energy. Express it strongly, enjoy it. Become THE Spirit of this dance
- Now, look at yourself, normal you. What do you see? What changed in your perception of yourself? How do you see yourself different?
- Being this Spirit, look at your life line and situation that you named as a problem at the beginning of the exercise. Give yourself an advice on it. Write it down. Create a reminder of it in your computer or another place where you can regularly see it.
And a second one:
- Think of one thing that you liked the most in this article. It can be anything – a person, a feeling, a quality, an idea.
- Think of someone in your life who actually lives a bit like that, practices this way of living or just naturally expresses it from time to time. If you do not know anyone, think of a cartoon character or just invent a character
- Draw it, move like it, and create a fairytale about its life if you wish. Invent its slogan, message to the world.
- Think of your life. Where in your life you recognize it a bit. Where in your life you might find this quality already?
- Think where in life you could use it more.
- Save its picture on your desk as a daily reminder